The Law Office of Robert B. Jobe is a nationally recognized asylum and deportation defense firm based in San Francisco, California. We have successfully litigated watershed cases that have shaped immigration law in the western United States. Our team of attorneys, paralegals, and administrative staff work in a fast-paced environment in downtown San Francisco. We serve a large Sikh community so Punjabi speakers are especially useful.
Because of the Trump administration's expanded enforcement priorities, we have an opening for a full-time legal assistant.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be committed to immigrants' rights and social justice;
- Have excellent research and writing skills;
- Have very strong academic credentials;
- Have a keen attention to detail;
- Have an open mind, and a willingness to work with clients with varied personal histories, socioeconomic backgrounds, and cultural identities;
- Have the ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks, and handle high pressure situations with grace;
- Have initiative, be a quick learner and a team player;
- Be willing to commit to at least a year of work at the office.
Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Punjabi, or Urdu would be hugely beneficial.
Starting salary is $50,000 plus medical benefits.
To apply for a position, please cut and paste a copy of your resume and cover letter into the body of your email response, and attach a PDF version of your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample of no more than 10 pages, via email ONLY. Please send to email@example.com